How quickly does Chummie Bed-wetting Alarm Treatment work?
- Chummie starts working immediately, from the very first night it is triggered. The child’s brain is already learning, even if they didn’t yet wake on their own.
How do I know if Chummie is working?
- Some signs of significant progress are:
- The child wakes to the alarm
- The child reacts more and more quickly to the alarm going off
- The child begins to ‘beat the alarm’
How long does a typical bed-wetting alarm treatment take?
- When using Chummie consistently, it takes most children between 4-6 weeks to stop wetting.
- Many factors can affect treatment time, including: age (older children typically need more time); gender, weight, sleep pattern and family history of bedwetting. Some children may stop wetting after a week, while others may need a few months. Each child is different.
How long do results last?
- In most cases, bed-wetting will be permanently stopped.
My child stopped bed-wetting. Do they need to keep wearing Chummie to stay dry?
- No, Chummie works by training the child’s brain to wake when there is a need to urinate. If the child has been dry for 14 nights in a row, their brain has been successfully trained. The child can now sleep without Chummie.
How should I dispose Chummie?
- Keep Chummie for a few months in case your child has a relapse. If your child is still dry after several months, you can send us your used Chummie for the ‘Donate Your Chummie’ to be refurbished and given to children in poor countries.