If your Chummie Alarm beeps once every second, follow the steps below
- The Chummie Bedwetting Alarm has low battery detection. If your batteries are weak and need to be replaced, the alarm unit will beep once a minute and buttons will be non-responsive. If this is the case, please remove old batteries and replace with new AAA batteries.
Using a Sensor with the Chummie Pro Alarm
- Although the Chummie Premium and Chummie Pro alarms look alike, they are different from the inside. Please use the Chummie system with the correct sensor/mat. The Chummie Premium Bedwetting Alarm System will work correctly ONLY with the IntelliFlex sensor. When used with the IntelliFlex mat, it will cause false alarms. The Chummie Pro Bedwetting Alarm System will work correctly ONLY with the IntelliFlex mat. When used with the IntelliFlex sensor, it will not detect urine correctly.
If you have replaced batteries in the Chummie but the alarm will not stop beeping
- It is likely that you need to clean the mat. Over time, urine salts can build up on the mat. To remove these, please follow the steps below.
- Disconnect IntelliFlex mat from the alarm unit.
- Gently clean the IntelliFlex mat with a damp cotton cloth then immediately pat dry with a towel or cloth – DO NOT USE SOAP OR LIQUID DETERGENT. DO NOT WASH THE PLUG (the end that goes into the alarm unit).
- Reinsert the IntelliFlex mat into the alarm unit. The alarm unit will beep twice and lights will flash.
- Place a damp towel on the IntelliFlex mat. The alarm unit will beep and lights will flash.
- Press the enable button and disconnect IntelliFlex mat from the alarm unit.